The Fourth of July is tomorrow. (duh) With no super-huge-finally-I-get-a-nice-long-weekend holidays between New Year's and now, you've been waiting months for this! Whatcha doin' tomorrow? Working? (boo) Picnic? (yum) Fireworks? (bang) Howlin' with The Wolf on our FREE iHeart Radio App? (yay!) Hiding out at home? (probably me... too hot)
Well, here are a bunch of stats and numbers about the holiday you can whip out tomorrow to impress whoever you're with:
1. 61% of Americans own an American flag. Fly it proudly! Remember to shine a light on it of you're flying it at night.
2. People around the country eat approximately 150 million hot dogs on the Fourth of July. I'll only consume about 6. Smith's, of course.
3. The Fourth of July is the number one BEER-DRINKING holiday in the U.S. We spend approximately $1 BILLION on beer for the 4th . . . plus another $568 million on wine. Buy it today! (wink wink)
4. Now that fireworks are legal in PA, maybe you're planning your own display (be safe, please). If you're leaving it up to the professionals, there are a TON of displays in Wolf Country. Our friends at Erie News Now have a complete line-up on their website.
5. And finally, there were 2.5 million residents when the United States became an independent country in 1776. There are 131 times more people living here now . . . approximately 327.2 million. #needmoreelbowroom